Dorje Denma Ling Mission Statement:
Dorje Denma Ling is a rural contemplative centre which provides an uplifting environment for individuals and groups to discover their inherent wisdom. Our activities are inspired and guided by the teachings of the Shambhala Buddhist lineage of Sakyongs. Dorje Denma Ling aspires to be an enlightened society where love and kindness toward the earth and all beings prevail.
DORJE DENMA LING GOVERNING COUNCIL
The Dorje Denma Ling Governing Council is the governing body of Dorje Denma Ling, and is made up of both management staff and non-staff members who share a strong commitment to Dorje Denma Ling’s long-term health and well-being. The Council’s responsibilities include upholding Dorje Denma Ling’s vision, ensuring financial stability, undertaking long-range planning, formulating and monitoring governing policy, providing wise counsel and assistance to the Executive Director, and other responsibilities which ensure the continuity and integrity of Dorje Denma Ling’s mission.
- Lennart Krogoll, Executive Director and Council Chair
- Richard Reoch, President of Shambhala, ex officio
- Connie Brock, Chagdzo Kyi Khyap, Chief Financial Officer of Shambhala, ex officio
- Silvana Castillo, Organizational and Community Development
- Susan Engel, Chagdzo, Finance Manager of Dorje Denma Ling
- Heather Scott, Communications & Technology
- River Smith, Halifax Liaison
- Jim Torbert, Development
- Torgny Vigerstad, Governance