Dorje Denma Ling offers year round indoor accommodations in our Gyatso Lodge. In addition, a variety of summer accommodations (listed below) are available from May 26 until October 12.
Gyatso Lodge has double and triple rooms with two shared hallway bathrooms on each floor. Until May 25, the price per single bed in double and triple rooms is $45 per night, which is added to the program tuition. Starting May 26 lodge accommodations are available for $50 per night.
Dorje Denma Ling’s summer housing grounds are spacious, with gorgeous views, and in short walking distance to our two shower houses and to the main program complex.
We will soon post more detailed descriptions on each housing option with pictures.
All prices are per person per night: White Hut (2 single beds) $30; DDL Tent single $30; DDL tent double occupency $20; wood cabin (sleeps six guests) $25; Dormitory tent (sleeps eight guests) $15; or camping with your own tent $10.
Since there are a limited number of indoor beds available, please apply at least 30 days in advance if you need one for health reasons. All lodge accommodations must be confirmed by contacting our registrations desk either by emailing: email@example.com or calling 902 657 9085.
- All tents have wooden platforms, two single beds with mattresses, pillows, a pair of chairs and a side table.
- You may bring a battery-operated lantern if you like.
- No gas, candle or propane lighting of any kind is permitted.
- For those staying in the lodge, rooms are provided with two beds, pillows, bottom sheet and pillowcase, lamp and clothes rack.
- There are two shower houses each with a men’s and women’s area. One has dressing rooms where clothing can be hung and personal toiletries stored.
- There are a limited number of beds available indoors. If you feel you need one for health reasons, please contact us, prior to 30 days in advance of the program arrival date.
- The washer and dryer at the center are available for participants’ use during limited specified hours at a cost of $2/wash and $2/dry.
- You are welcome to wash things by hand and hang them to dry.
There are several bed and breakfast lodgings, hotels and motels nearby. Please contact the proprietors directly to arrange offsite accommodation. The following lodgings are within a short drive of Dorje Denma Ling:
Green Dragon Farm and Bed & Breakfast – Sangha owned
Tendrel Guesthouse – Sangha owned
8741 Hwy 311
Forest Haven Inn
8627 Hwy. 311 Balfron (Tatamagouche)
902-657-2962, 877-658-3466, Fax – 902-657-0233
131 Main Street
902-657-2000, 888-383-9357; Fax – 902-657-2205
firstname.lastname@example.org or www.balmoralmotel.ca
Cottages at Cambra Sands
4261 Hwy 6
Hollings House B&B
37 Church Street
Stone Garden Chalets by the Sea
1120 Sand Point Road
Sunrise Shore Marina & Cottages
405 Brule Shore Road
902-657-1058; Fax – 902-657-0294
email@example.com or www.sunriseshoremarina.ca
The Train Station Inn