You can contact the following companies to arrange your own transportation:
From Halifax or the Airport to Truro: Maritime Bus or Via Rail Canada.
From Truro to Dorje Denma Ling – U-Need-A Taxi.
- Maritime Bus – from Halifax & Halifax Airport to Truro - www.maritimebus.com
- U-Need-A Taxi (from Truro) – 902 893-2899 or other local taxi company
- Via Rail Canada at 1-888 842 7245
- for groups of 4 or more – Robert Young – 902 830-9179 or firstname.lastname@example.org (needs advanced booking)
Return arrangements may be made through these companies as well.
Unfortunately, Dorje Denma Ling does not have the staff resources to co-ordinate travel arrangements from Halifax or the Halifax International Airport to our Centre.
Directions from Halifax/ Halifax International Airport to Dorje Denma Ling:
- From Halifax or the airport – enter highway 102 heading North in the direction of Truro.
- Keep driving past two Truro exits (Truro Heights, exit 13 and Truro Bible Hill, exit 14). Do not take these exits.
- Take exit 14A in the direction of Onslow/Tatamagouche.
- Exit ramp 14A rises to the top of a hill, at the peak turn right onto Onslow Rd towards Tatamagouche.
- Follow Onslow Rd for aprox 4km.
- Then turn left onto highway 311.
- Travel along highway 311 for about 40km until you see a sign for ‘The Falls.’ This is our neighbourhood.
- In about 4 km’s , a large green sign indicating a left turn in the direction of New Annan/ Wentworth (Road 256, West), is the sign you want to follow.
- This is Balmoral Rd where after about 300 meters Dorje Denma Ling is located on your left.
- Turn onto our gravel driveway and follow it until you see the Dorje Denma Ling buildings and a small parking lot on your right – this is the short term parking area. To register, go to the registration building, a converted yellow barn on your left. After registration and settling into your accommodation, drive your car to the lower car park for long term parking.